We count on our appliances to work properly, and when they fail, we need help immediately. Refrigerators are one of the most problematic appliance issues. When food – particularly meat and diary items – are not kept at the proper temperature bacteria begins to creep in.
If it seems that your refrigerator is not cooling properly, then it’s important to check these 5 things as soon as possible:
· Faulty Compressor: The compressor is the lifeblood of your refrigerator and the first thing that should be checked if you are experiencing a refrigerator issue in Dallas. The compressor controls the flow of refrigerant throughout your refrigerator.
· Dirty Condenser Coils: In order for your condenser coils to function optimally, you must clean them. Most refrigerator manufacturers recommend cleaning them every 6 months, so check your owner’s manual for details. When the coils are not clean, they are not efficiently pushing air through the refrigerator.
· Faulty Thermostat: This may seem like a no brainer, but if the thermostat goes out in the refrigerator, then maintaining a consistent temperature may be difficult or impossible.
· Broken Condenser Fan: Not every refrigerator has a condenser fan, but if the condenser is located with the compressor compartment, then checking the condenser fan is essential. If the condenser fan is not functioning properly, then the compartment where the compressor is located will overheat, causing compressor failure.
· Broken Evaporator Fan: An evaporator fan works similarly to a condenser fan, but circulates air through the freezer and refrigerator. If you hear any sort of rattling behind the freezer, then that is normally a tell-tale sign of a evaporator fan issue.
Still not sure what is causing your refrigerator cooling issue in Dallas? Call Appliance Rescue Service of Dallas, Texas today! Our team can quickly diagnosis a plethora of brands including Sub-Zero, Jenn-Air, Viking, Maytag, Whirlpool, Samsung, and more and get your refrigerator repaired in no time. We're your one stop shop for Dallas appliance repair.