Sure, a dishwasher is traditionally used for washing dishes. But what if we told you it’s a great place to wash plenty of other household items too?! High heat, water, and suds do all the work to get your items sparking clean. Appliance Rescue Service in Dallas, Texas presents 7 things you never thought to put in the dishwasher:
· Grill Grates: You’ve scrubbed and scrubbed, and they just won’t get clean. Try putting them in the dishwasher on an overnight cycle (or any longer cycle) and high heat and see the grease melt away.
· Shin guards and Mouth guards: Place these on the top rack to prevent the plastic from warping.
· Glass Light Covers: Over time, dust builds up on light fixture covers. Why not throw them in the dishwasher for crystal clear results?
· Shoes: Plastic shoes – think rain boots or flip flops – are easy to clean in the dishwasher. Place them on the top rack to prevent issues. Also – don’t forget to remove any shoe liners before washing.
· Plastic Hairbrushes: If your brush or comb is plastic, then remove the hair form the bristles, and take it for a spin in the dishwasher. It will be clean and sanitized in no time!
· Potatoes: Rather than spending time scrubbing a big batch of potatoes, just put them all on the top rack – without soap – and rinse them all at one time.
· Baseball caps: While the washing machine can ruin a baseball cap, washing it in the dishwasher is a safe bet. Just be sure to buy a baseball cap keeper first and avoid washing it with actual dishes, as food particles can get stuck in the fabric.
And as with all things, before trying any of these dishwasher cleaning tips, be sure to check your dishwasher’s user manual.
Looking for more dishwasher tips? Appliance Rescue Service is happy to help! Our expertly trained staff can answer any questions you have about Dallas dishwasher repair, dishwasher maintenance, and more.