It can be frustrating to begin unloading a dishwasher full of dishes, only to discover that your clean dishes aren’t really clean. Think you might need a dishwasher repair? Not necessarily. Sometimes the problem begins before the dishwasher even begins running! Follow these simple tips to cleaner dishes today:
1. Don’t Overload the Dishwasher: It’s tempting to pack your dishwasher to capacity, but resist the urge. Leave appropriate gaps between dishes so that the water can spray into the cracks and get everything sparkling clean.
2. Pre-Rinse with Water: Even if you have one of the best dishwashers on the market, pre-rinsing all of the food off of the dishes will improve functionality. Be sure to rinse with water only, because soap residue can stick to the dishes and leave a film.
3. Make sure your Water is Hot: Have you ever turned on your kitchen sink and had to wait several minutes before hot water arrived at the spout? This same effect can take place in your dishwasher, which means your dishwasher is filling with cold water – not hot water. Hot water is optimum for getting the cleanest dishes. Ensure the best clean by running water at your kitchen sink until hot water comes out, then turn it off and start the dishwasher.
4. Less is More with Dishwasher Detergent: Repeat after me, “my dishes will not get cleaner if I use more soap.” Use the recommended amount of soap, and do not overfill the dispensers. Again, too much soap will leave a film on the dishes and make them appear dingy.
5. Place Detergent Tablets in the Bottom of the Washer: If you use detergent tablets for your dishwasher, place the tablet in the bottom of the dishwasher – as opposed to in the soap dispenser. This allows the dishwasher more time to dissolve the soap tablet and rinse all of the soap off of the dishes.
Still need a dishwasher repair in Dallas to get your dishes cleaner? Give Appliance Rescue Service a call today!